In order to ensure the most efficient functioning of the system it should be regularly maintained and cleaned in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Regular inspections should be performed in order to observe oil residue accumulations, structural soundness, water tightness and the condition of both the inlet and outlet of the oil separator.
- To avoid any danger and ensure optimal result, maintenance should be performed by a certified cleaning company, which will safely remove the oil residues and ensure appropriate and environmentally-sound processing of the waste.
- During maintenance, the side walls of the tank, the inlet holes and the oil removal pipe have to be thoroughly cleaned with high-pressure washers. The riser and cover should be visually checked for any damage.
- After cleaning of the tank, the probes of the electronic warning device have to be cleaned with a soft cloth, to ensure the sensors aren’t damaged. Afterwards the tank should be filled with water.
- Once maintenance is complete, the oil separator is ready to resume operation.
- If any larger malfunction should occur, Eco Pipelife will provide specialists to repair it as quickly as possible.
Warning: In performing inspections or other maintenance, the tank should not be entered. The tank is a confined space and entry can be extremely hazardous on account of toxic gases and/or insufficient oxygen.