While being recognized as one of the most efficient ways to combat communicable diseases, hygiene promotion is regularly mentioned as the area of the water and sanitation (WatSan) sector with the biggest gap in skills and human resources. This training covers basic and some advanced aspects of hygiene promotion and thus raise humanitarian responders’ awareness about this important topic, both in the field, but also in the organizations’ headquarters.
By the end of the course participants are able to:
• Understand the concept hygiene promotion
• Link hygiene promotion to other WatSan interventions
• Reflect on the relation between soft- and hardware in the WatSan sector
• Understand the basic methodologies used in hygiene promotion assessments
• Demonstrate knowledge on the principles of behavior change models
• Do a basic planning a hygiene promotion intervention
• Demonstrate knowledge and practical experience of different promotion methods
• Reflect on the gains and challenges of working with community-based promoters
• Understand the principles of community involvement and mobilization
This course was held from 28 Feb - 1 Mar 2012 in Orahovica, Croatia.
» back to the overview