Nevertheless, in order to ensure the proper functioning of the grease separator it should be regularly maintained and cleaned in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Regular inspections should be performed in order to observe grease accumulations, structural soundness, water tightness, and the condition of both the inlet and outlet of the grease separator.
- To ensure optimal results, maintenance should be performed by a certified cleaning company, which will dispose of the grease residues and ensure appropriate and environmentally-friendly processing of the waste.
- Large access holes enable quick access and trouble-free maintenance. The side walls of the tank, the inlet and outlet holes must be thoroughly cleaned with high-pressure washers. The riser and cover should be visually checked for any damage. Afterward the tank should be filled with water.
- Once maintenance has been completed the grease separator is ready to resume operation.
- If any larger malfunction should occur, Eco Pipelife will provide specialists to repair it as quickly as possible.
Warning: In performing inspections or other maintenance, the tank should not be entered. The tank is a confined space and entering can be extremely hazardous because of toxic gases and/or insufficient oxygen.